Perhaps you are feeling distressed and don’t know where to get help. Or you might be experiencing a big change in your life, which brings up challenging thoughts and feelings for you. Maybe you’re experiencing conflict or a sense of unease in your close relationships, or struggling with guilt or shame.
In individual counselling and psychotherapy you can:
- Learn to manage stress and anxiety
- Find ways to cope at difficult times: for example during divorce or redundancy, illness, bereavement or changes in life circumstances
- Understand and manage your anger
- Increase your sense of self-esteem and confidence
- Access and express sadness, grief or other emotions and manage depression
- Explore and understand the effects of past trauma, such as abuse; decrease the impact they have on you in the present
- Improve your communication with others and have more satisfying relationships
We are often so busy trying to fit into certain roles that we lose sight of who we are. We can behave as we are supposed to, rather than what feels right for us. Counselling and psychotherapy is an opportunity to reflect on who you are as a person. It is also a way to explore any of your own behaviours you would like to change.